Check out the ultimate Scuba Diving day trip to Nusa Penida! This trip is perfect for scuba divers wanting to explore the most iconic dive sites around Nusa Penida while staying in Bali! Explore three dive sites, including Manta Point and Crystal Bay.
Nusa Penida is well-known for its amazing diving. Stunning reefs, amazing drift dives, and, of course, Manta Point, the famous Manta Rays cleaning station.
The Dive Sites
With its colony of manta rays swimming around the cleaning station all year-long, Mata Point is probably the most famous dive site of the island. It is a shallow dive (maximum 15 to 20 meters), protected from currents, so it is accessible to divers of all levels. The dive site can get quite busy, especially in high season, but our captain and guides will make sure to reach the dive site at the optimal time to avoid the crowds!
Crystal Bay is the other iconic dive site of Nusa Penida. Located on the northwest side of the island, just across Nusa Ceningan, Crystal Bay is always full of surprises. During the right season (May to October), it is where we have the most chances of seeing the Mola Mola. The reef around Crystal Bay teaming with life and we often spot hawksbill turtles hanging around the dive site.
Northern dive sites
The northern side of the island is home to a huge coral reef. From 5 to 35 meters deep, there are many dive sites to explore. Here you can see green turtles, barracudas, reef sharks, mantis shrimps, clownfish and many more tropical species. The dives in this area are drift dives, so just go with the flow, follow your dive guide, and enjoy the show!
Please note that dive sites may vary depending on conditions at sea.
- 7 am – Pickup at your accommodation in south Bali (time may vary depending on your location)
- 7.30am – Meet at the dive shop in Sanur, fill in necessary paperwork and try your diving equipment
- 8am – Boat leaves for Nusa Penida (around 45 minutes to reach first dive site.
- 9am – 2 morning dives
- 12.30pm – Lunch onboard
- 2pm – 3rd dive
- 3.30 – 4.30pm – Boat back to Sanur
- 4.30pm – Transfer back to your accommodation
- 3 guided dives for certified divers
- 2 ways transfer from your accommodation
- Diving equipment
- Dive guide (maximum 4 divers per guide)
- Lunch, snack, water, coffee and tea