Mari Dive Cruise offers a 20% discount on an adventure to explore the best of Central Raja Ampat. Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of the underwater world and create lasting memories on an 8-night adventure filled with awe-inspiring marine life and vibrant coral reefs. The trip will start and end in Sorong. Welcome aboard!
- Destination: Central Raja Ampat / Misool
- Duration: 9 days / 8 nights
- Start and End: Sorong
- Dates: February 21 – 29
- Superior Cabin:
USD 3.775USD 3.020 per person (1 left).
- Deluxe Cabin:
USD 4.210USD 3.365 per person (4 left).
Raja Ampat National Park and harbor fees: USD 150 / person
Raja Ampat / Misool fuel surcharge: USD 170 / person
- Day 1:
Day one starts with your pickup from either your hotel or the airport. Leaving Sorong with NW heading towards south Waigeo. At sunset we reach our anchorage near to Mioskon Island, which is located in the Dampier Strait. During the crossing is enough time to get familiar with the ship, to check the diving equipment and to relax. The next morning, we will enter here the fantastic underwater world of Raja Ampat.
- Day 2-7:
If possible, we offer 3-4 dives daily. When crossing only 1-2 dives a day can be scheduled. We reserve the right to change the itinerary or specific agreed services, if force majeure, unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances require us to do so. Some possible destinations on our journey: Sorong, it is the gateway to Indonesia’s Raja Ampat Islands, species rich Coral reef islands in an area considered the heart of the world’s coral reef biodiversity. Dampier Starit, The Strait is the principal channel through which the nutrient-rich waters of the Indonesian Through flow pass through on their way south and the deep basins of the Banda Sea. Mioskon, this small island is located on the northern side of the Dampier Strait. A superb site with numerous bommies densely coated in soft corals. The island is oval shaped and rises up from the surrounding sandy seabed plateau at 20-25m and its south-east tip faces into the predominant current that flows through the Strait. On the shallow plateau reef is a good chance to spot large wobbegong sharks. Mansuar & Kri Island, this site is where a world record fish count was made on the house reef. 284 species recorded on a single tank dive of 60 minutes, by Ausralian Dr. Gerry Allen. There are numerous reefs here where not just the diversity is evident, but also the quantities are suprising. Sharks are seen on most dives, a rarity in Indonesia. Kri island in Raja Ampat is where the fishes are to be found. Diving these sites is a ensational and very rewarding experience! Fam Island / Piaynemo, these islands are the very definition of paradise. White limestone cliffs plunge into the sea. Ultramarine blue lagoons are nestled next to monumental pinnacles and untouched beaches. The incredible epaulette shark is not only a perfect swimmer, but it can also “walk” between coral heads at low tide, along the seafloor, and even on land when needed. Piaynemo is the correct local spelling of the name of the island marked on most maps of Raja Ampat as “Penemu”. Penemu is about 60km (~40 miles) west of Waisai and has a karst island seascape almost indistinguishable from that of Wayag. Arborek Island, It is a long thin island that runs east to west, with a large fringing reef and it sits right in the path of the Dampier Straits currents which split around the island at its eastern point and flow strongly around it’s sides. On the northern side of the island are two quite large wooden jetties just in front of the small village, and the rich waters of the Strait swirl around them creating a mini ecosystem on the wooden structures. Rich patches of vibrant soft corals have grown on the vertical piles of the jetty and resident schools of jacks and batfish patrol in between.
- Day 8:
Final day of diving. Before we are sailing back to Sorong there is still time for a refreshing swim or a visit to Misoskon Island.
- Day 9:
Check-out after breakfast or lunch time – depends on your flight time. We say good-bye to our guests and wish them farewell. The MARI crew will organize the transfer to the Airport and assist at check-in for onward flights.
Note: All schedules are subject to changes according to weather, sea, diving, & local conditions.
- airport or hotel pick-up/drop-off at city of embarkation/disembarkation
- accommodation in twin bed or double bed suite on board, all with en-suite bathroom with hot & cold water and individually controllable air conditioning. For single occupancy, a single supplement will apply; please notify us in your booking request.
- all dives conducted as part of the regular cruise program
- all food & drinks served during the cruise, except soft drinks, beer, wine and liquor
- filled dive tanks (INT/DIN connection), weight belt and weights
- any land excursions and visits to beaches as part of the regular cruise program
- transportation to/from city of embarkation/disembarkation, visa fees, airport taxes, excess baggage charges
- accommodation, food & drinks ashore before/after embarkation/disembarkation
- national Park entrance fees, conservation fees and diving fees
- soft drinks, beer, wine and liquor
- dive courses, trainings and certifications
- Nitrox fills
- dive gear other than tanks (dive gear is available on board for rental; please contact us 3 month in advance should you wish to rent any)
- any souvenirs you might want to purchase on board
- travel, dive, medical, etc. insurance Tips & gratuities for the crew
Secure your spot now and don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to explore the wonders of the best of Central Raja Ampat with fellow diving enthusiasts!